If you are planning to apply for the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, University of Hawai‘i at Hilo or the University of Hawai‘i at West O‘ahu, please go through this checklist below to make sure you are eligible.
- Your current GPA
- Course Requirements
- 4 units of English (please note that journalism and/or newswriting do not count as English credits)
- 3 units of Math (including Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry)
- 3 units of Science (laboratory courses recommended)
- 3 units of Social Studies
- 4 units of other college-prep courses at UHM/UHWO or 7 units of other college-prep courses at UH Hilo
College-prep courses can include a 4th unit of math, science, or social science. High school foreign language courses count toward other college-prep courses, but is not required . Certain programs (e.g., nursing, social work, education, etc.) may have additional requirements. Please check with the appropriate department for more information.
(Additional items, recommended if available but not required)
- 5 units of electives (Examples of elective courses: Art, Dance, Band, Physical Education, AVID, Computer Science, etc.)
- If available, SAT or ACT scores (optional)
- A picture or PDF of your FastPass letter
- Other supplemental documents
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Personal Statement & List of Achievements form